workspace info during cycling.

Hi.

On Sat, 16 May 2009 16:19:07 +0200, Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:
> Your patch does not work for me. When Cycling, shortly an empty prompt
> is displayed, then a second one with the window-name. Guess that empty
> one should show the workspace name.

It's peculiar, because the patch looks quite straightforward. How
abouth the following case?
* Yes: Display window names and icons while cycling through windows
* No: Switch temporarily to the workspace...
This utilizes the un-patched part of the code; I suspect that the bug
had already existed, not introduced by the patch.

On Sat, 16 May 2009 16:11:18 +0200, Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:
> Am Samstag, den 16.05.2009, 20:48 +0900 schrieb Teika Kazura:
> [...]
>> > Of course also optional.
>>
>> Let me make it precise: What's optional is to switch viewport and/or
>> workspace. What is displayed doesn't have to be optional, because its
>> aim is to supply the necessary clue, as D German, the author, says.
>
> What I meant is that this feature "Display WSP/VP on switch" should be
> optional

Oh, oh, just now I understood. It'd be good. So re-definition of the
set of independent custom variables seems desirable. It'd be something
like this (VP = viewport, WS = workspace):

1. Cycling includes (a) only current VP (b) all VP, but only current WS
   (c) all WS
2. At each step of cycling, it is allowed to switch (a) none (b) VP
   (c) WS (When the entire cycle is terminated, i.e., when the
   modifier is released, WS can change anyway. The case 2-c is
   provided by the patch on stake.)
3. At each step of cycling, window name & icon is displayed or not.
4. If the window lies in different (a) VP (b) WS to the previous VP /
   WS, then they are displayed. (c) Always. (d) No, thank you.
5. Format string for WS / VP info. I think this is good. Imagine, if
   both #3 and #4 are on, then <xterm in (WS-name, 2, 1)> may be
   enough, but if #3 is off and #4 is on, then <WS: name, VP: (1, 1)>
   is good, isn't it? So let's make it customizable.

Any comments?

Teika (Teika kazura)