Re: Help us with GPL / LGPL

Teika Kazura <teika lavabit com> writes:
> The problem is the copyright. Wang Diancheng borrowed code from
> glib, or more precisely, glib-2.x.y/glib/gutf8.c, which is licensed
> with LGPL. On the other hand, librep is GPL. Should it be GPL, or LGPL?

GPL.  Once you paste GPL on something, it sticks and spreads: all
derived works have to be under GPL in their entirety.  LGPL is more
flexible and explicitly allows relicensing under GPL.

> I'd like to know what will be the proper copyright notice, too.

In general, copyright of a modified work is held jointly by the
copyright holder of the original work and by the modifier.

> # I have never understood GPL. Why not bsd license?

Too late now.

--
	Timo Korvola		<URL:http://www.iki.fi/tkorvola>