Re: Question: Is this a window state change?

Hi.

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 20:44:11 +0200, Timo Korvola wrote:
> Teika Kazura <teika lavabit com> writes:
> > The former, 'iconify-window-hook' may be permissible, if the doc
> > explicitly says so. How about the other, 'window-state-change-hook'?
> > Seems to me a bit insane.
>
> Not really.  It is a rather natural assumption that
> window-state-change-hook is called whenever iconify-window-hook is.
> It feels likewise natural to assume that if a window is iconic,
> iconify-window-hook has been called at some point (a window starting
> iconic is a rather rare special case, easy to forget).

I see. Thank you, Timo.

What I was worried was that they are called before the window is 'set
up'. I don't know how to put it exactly, but the doc on
before-add-window-hook says:
# This occurs before the window is created, installed or placed.  At
# this early stage, the only safe action is to set properties of the
# window (with `window-set').

So I think it is better to call attention, adding a line or two in the
doc of iconify-window-hook and window-state-change-hook.

Regards,
Teika (Teika kazura)