Dual-head with one head rotated?

[ This is mostly a repost of a message I sent in July 2008.  I am
hoping 1.6 will change the answer. ]

I have two questions about using sawfish with dual monitors, but with one
rotated.  I have a 1680x1050 LCD hooked up to the DVI port of an Intel
965Q.

I have a 1280x1024 LCD (rotated 90 degrees to the right) hooked up to the
VGA port.  I ran the following command:

xrandr --output VGA --auto --rotate left --right-of TMDS-1

This pulled up the second display rotated (woohoo!) and the speed of
the rotated display is even pretty fast (double woohoo!).

The problem is that sawfish thinks the screen is a square of 2704x1280
pixels, and will happily place and allow windows and the cursor in the
dead zone in the bottom left, i.e. in the xxx's of this bad ascii art:

 __________________
|           . 1024 |
| 1680 x    . 1280 |
| 1050      .      |
|           .      |
|___________.      |
 xxxxxxxxxxx|      |
 xxxxxxxxxxx|______|

Is there some way to convince sawfish that the x'd out part really does
not exist and it cannot use it?  I would even be willing to hand edit
some source and custom compile if it would fix the issue.

The OS is Debian/unstable fully up to date:
ii  sawfish                                 1:1.6.0~091027-1nanoa
ii  xserver-xorg                            1:7.4+4          the X.Org
ii  xserver-xorg-core                       2:1.6.5-1          Xorg X
ii  xserver-xorg-video-intel                2:2.9.1-1          X.Org X

Sawfish package is from http://www.nanolx.org/apt/ but recompiled for
64 bit.

Thanks,
   Omen

--
Just because everything is different doesn't mean anything has changed.