Window placement and calculate-workarea

Hello again,

Looking at how first-fit placement works (and top-left too), they seem to call (calculate-workarea #:window w) for the window being created.

Inside calculate-workarea, I see this:
    (unless head
      (setq head (current-head window)))

However, on my system, (current-head window) for a freshly created window always returns head 0 ... it doesn't make sense to me why one would want that anyway. I'd want to get the head that currently has input focus, or even the mouse cursor.

Does anyone know why this is the way it is?

Sincerely,

Rafal Kolanski.