Re: Improving the GUI

Christopher Bratusek said:     (by the date of Tue, 02 Sep 2008 11:45:56 +0200)

> Am Samstag, den 30.08.2008, 01:06 +0200 schrieb Janek Kozicki:
> > Christopher Bratusek said:     (by the date of Fri, 29 Aug 2008 11:51:34 +0200)
> >
> > > Dunno, but what about the Treeview/Re-exposed and Re-ordered Options?
> >
> > What are the Re-ordered options? I don't see any patches about "re-ordered"....
>
> Janek, I posted the link to the patch of my local changes previously in this thread,
>
> I was refering to it. so here's the link again: http://www.nanolx.org/other/sawfish.patch

Ahhh you are referring to treeview. Sorry I didn't get it. It's this one:

http://www.nanolx.org/other/sawfish-ui-retry-mockup.png

I think that surely you can upload this patch to wiki, this will
spawn some more discussion about it.

But what did you mean by "If so I would update the Wiki patches"?
Does it mean that some of currently uploaded patches are somehow
related to treeview, or you just wanted to say that you can upload
this single treeview patch?

Hm, now I see that there is, in fact, one functional difference. In
treeview it is possible to see multiple sub-trees at the same time.
With tabs-in-tab view you can see only one sub-tree at the same time.
So in fact that's an improvement. I just realized that I'm often lost
and clicking on all tabs that exist to find some option that I didn't
remember where it was.

Heh, usually I'm trying to find something that I've found recently
and changed it, but afterwards forgot where it was. That means that a
"recently modified" list would be very useful. (not recently visited,
because usually I visit everything, so everything would be on the
list of recently visited).

But a list of recently modified variables, would enhance UI I think..

I added few more ideas to wiki, about improving UI.