Level5 modifier breaking all bindings

Hi,

since I recently got a US-builtin keyboard plus a German external one I've been trying to get some sort of dual configuration, while retaining my heavy XKB customization.  Giving the differing keys two groups, and switching with ISO_Next_Group didn't work due to a bug which makes group2 also lock AltGr -- and I have mostly FOUR_LEVEL, so I can't access the group2 base letters.

So the XKB developer suggested I use EIGHT_LEVEL, giving me sort of the same result.  I now have a key which locks a virtual level5 modifier, so that I get two sets of base, shift, AltGr & shift-AltGr.  The problem is that sawfish seems to notice the modifier, and since I have no bindings with level5 (most of mine are Hyper), it thinks any event isn't for sawfish :-(  How, short of doubling every keybinding, can I tell it to ignore level5?
coralament / best Grötens / liebe Grüße / best regards / elkorajn salutojn
Daniel Pfeiffer

--
lerne / learn / apprends / lär dig / ucz się    Esperanto:
                    http://lernu.net  /  http://ikurso.net