Re: creating windows from rep

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 09:57:44 +1000, Josh Babcock <jbabcock atlantech net> wrote:

How would I go about creating a window in a particular viewport? I want
to launch a Firefox window in a particular place, but I already have a
matched window setting that I first need to ignore.

Josh

I've thought about how to tie a process to the windows it creates before and haven't come up with anything useful. The situation is even more difficult in Firefox's case, because the process you launch to open the window may in fact signal an already running Firefox process to open the window on its behalf.

Basically I think you're stuck with matching the window when it gets created, and switching it to the correct viewport then.

Hope that helps...

--
Eric Mangold