Re: Concrete ideas for the December-March OPW?

On Tue, 2014-10-28 at 10:59 +0100, Tobias Mueller wrote:
Anyway, we might only want to disable USB while the lockscreen is on
and re-enable when the lockscreen has been unlocked.

Yes, this seems like a good starting point, but I would expect more than
just this much from an OPW project. So for the non-lock screen case:
nowadays a malicious USB storage device will identify itself as a
keyboard or network device or a USB hub to the operating system. I
wonder if it would be feasible to protect users against this, e.g. by
popping up a dialog with a big picture of a storage drive opposite an
image of a keyboard and asking "What did you plug in?"  (Obviously if
the USB device identifies as a flash drive, there's no reason to do
this.)