Re: [sabayon] Sabayon 2.27 Hooray!

On Mon, 2009-08-17 at 20:30 -0500, Scott Balneaves wrote:

> I've popped off a couple of patches now to Federico, and I've just fixed a
> couple of other bugs by making sure that all the shutil.rmtree()'s are ,True)
> (and if *that* makes sense to you, you're reading too much python code).

Was that due to an exception when not being able to
remove /tmp/blahblah/.gvfs?  I fixed that yesterday by not letting the
child session use gvfs-fuse.

Anyway, it seems to be a good idea to ignore errors from shutil.rmtree()
in general; none of the calls to it seem to actually need to know error
information.  I've committed this as 444cf150.

> If you change things like backgrounds, or add icons to the desktop, everything
> works as planned. However, panel information doesn't seem to be saved.  It
> isn't in the zip file at all.

I committed Tomas's patch for this yesterday (commit 70106cf0), and it
works very nicely for me.  This will come out in 2.27.1.  It would be
great if you could test it today before I roll the tarball :)

I'll review the other patches you mailed me and hopefully include them
for 2.27.1.  Thanks for working on this :)

  Federico