dmr experiment with rygel/iphone/diskstation

Hey all

I wanted to do a quick experiment with Rygel: I downloaded an iPhone control application, set up my Synology Diskstation to share its contents and activated the rygel gstreamer dmr plugin on my laptop.

From the iPhone app, I can see and the Rygel gstreamer DMR service but I can not play any file on it. Every file I select gives me a forbidden sign. Could this be something codec-related (I tried with both images, mp3 and various video files) and how should I debug this?

The version that I use is the one packaged with ubuntu (0.8 series)

Many thanks

--Thomas