Re: RTSP issues

Hi,

> (*) When I try with "totem --gst-debug-level=2" it takes a while, but it
> plays nicely. And I get these messages from GStreamer:
>
>..
>
> (*) "gst-launch playbin2 uri=rtsp://GTI-pc:8554/1/1057/CUATRO" plays the
> stream too and gives:

  Thats quite the same as totem so I'm not surprise here after the above info.

> (*) finally "gst-launch rtspsrc location=rtsp://GTI-pc:8554/1/1057/CUATRO !
> decodebin2 ! autovideosink" plays the stream correctly and outputs this:

  This also doesn't seem any different since there is only decoding involved.

> (*) If I try the HTTP stream from rygel with "gst-launch playbin2

   So I bet the problem is in encoding/muxing or at least in this
context. Could you please check what happens when you try the whole
demuxing/decoding/muxing/encoding thing in one gst-launch command? If
it doesn't work, please file a bug on gstreamer or send a mail to
their mailing-list.

>> BTW I am using Rygel 0.8.2 with the annotation [CCode (instance_pos =
>> -1)] in rygel-wmv-transcoder-bin.vala and
>> rygel-mp2ts-transcoder-bin.vala commented out,
>
>   Where exactly you put this annotation?
>

> I need to comment those two annotations in the rygel-wmv-transcoder-bin.vala
> and rygel-mp2ts-transcoder-bin.vala for making transcoding work. It seems
> they are unnecessary, at least for me.

 Ah that one, it was a workaround for a vala bug that has been long
removed from rygel 0.9.x long time ago. I guess its been fixed in vala
0.10 as well and I didn't get to backport/cherry-pick this change for
rygel 0.8.x.

>   On a general note, I advice you to either use rygel as a hacker or
> user, the different being that as user you want to stick to releases
> and as hacker to rygel from git.
>

> I will try to work with the latest git version, but I need to compile all
> the new
> dependencies.

  Yup, being a hacker isn't easy. :)

--