Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Radio GFM integration in Rhythmbox by default

On Fri, 2011-07-22 at 22:28 +0200, Marco Peter wrote:
> Dear Rhythmbox developers,

> The „Radio GFM“ project have three different radio stations:
> Radio GFM - RockPop http://streams.radio-gfm.net/rockpop.m3u
> Radio GFM - Electro http://streams.radio-gfm.net/electro.m3u
> Radio GFM - Metal http://streams.radio-gfm.net/metal.m3u
>
> We would like to ask you, if you could integrate our radio stations
> into Rhythmbox „Radio“ by default to spread Creative Commons music.

It looks like the GFM radio stations are only broadcasting in the MP3
format. For various reasons - such as the fact that many Linux
distributions do not ship with an MP3 decoder - Rhythmbox does not
include any stations in the default list unless they are available using
a free codec such as Ogg Vorbis.

If you do have a non-MP3 format stream which I couldn't find, and you
would still like to have your station added, please file a bug on
http://bugs.gnome.org (against Rhythmbox) to request the addition.

--
Calvin Walton <calvin walton kepstin ca>