[Rhythmbox-devel] RBSource objects and Python

Hi, I was reading this web page http://live.gnome.org/Rhythmbox%
20Plugins/Python%20Plugin%20Examples
as I'm trying to learn to write a plugin for Rhythmbox.
I don't know if it's a bug or that I have the wrong version of something
installed but my Rhythmbox crashes whenever I try and execute:

shell.props.library_source

Either in the python console or in the script for a plugin.
It just crashes with the following error in the terminal..

ERROR:/build/buildd/pygobject-2.18.0/gobject/pygobject.c:924:pygobject_new_full:
assertion failed: (tp != NULL)
Aborted

It seems to be any action trying to retrieve a RBSource object causes
rhythmbox to crash.

Another example is if you install this plugin
http://fabien.carrion.free.fr/cddb-0.7.tar.bz2
On my system it causes the same crash when trying to execute line 149 in
the source code

source = self.shell.get_property("selected-source")

My system is ubuntu 9.10, I have python 2.6 installed (latest from
ubuntu repos) and rhythmbox 0.12.5

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Tom