Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox pre-release, and landing of generic audio player write support

On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 01:35 -0500, Andrew Conkling wrote:
> On 2/6/07, Ed Catmur <ed catmur co uk> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 14:54 -0500, Andrew Conkling wrote:
> > > Also, the X image that shows up with no cover art is a bit
> > > distracting. I'd expect that it'd just disappear and show nothing.
> > > Should I file a RFE on that?
> >
> > X image?  It should display something reasonably tasteful.  Do you have
> > a screenshot?
>
> It's a tasteful X, but I'd prefer nothing:
> http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/975/rbcoverartzb8.png

Ah.  That's wrong; it should be the Rhythmbox icon.  Currently it uses
"gnome-media-player"; maybe that should be changed to "rhythmbox"?

> > Not sure where you mean for the "no cover art" image to be hidden - if
> > in the tooltip/notification area, we have the problem that we don't know
> > for a while until we have cover art or not, so in either case we'd have
> > an image appearing or disappearing, very distracting.  If in the main
> > UI, the "no cover art" is a DND destination and will soon have a
> > right-click menu to set or search for art.
>
> As for the tooltip, why not just show no image unless we know we have a cover?

Because when the cover arrives, the tooltip will change size and/or
location, which looks bad.

Ed