Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox for Windows?

Hi,

Martin Jeppesen wrote:
I was wondering... Would it be possible to make Rhythmbox cross platform?

I haven't got Windows myself, but it might attract more developers? =)

I was thinking about this just the other day actually. It would be a very interesting project for someone to work on.

A good first step is to make sure that we use glib functions whenever possible. This would be a nice easy-fix project for someone who wants to get involved.

For example, one could replace instances of POSIX system calls with the glib stdio replacements [1].

[1] http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/glib/glib-File-Utilities.html

Another thing to do is make sure we don't use gdkx stuff.

Jon