[Rhythmbox-devel] [Fwd: Rhythmbox library stuff]

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Mattias Eriksson <snaggen acc umu se>
To: jrl ids org au
Subject: Rhythmbox library stuff
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 09:16:05 +0100

Hi,

I just saw that you have added support to watch the library, and that
you have the library as a preference in gconf. This is good but I feel
like it is a little narrow.

I suggest the following:
* When you do add folder to library, store the library path in the
database.
* When a song is added, store a reference with the song to which library
it belongs.

That way a person could have multiple libraries, and no preference have
to be shown to the user.
For people using rhythnbox, some question might have to be asked at
upgrade... but that would be it i guess.

As usual I might be on the wrong track... just thought that I'd share my
visions.

//Snaggen
James "Doc" Livingston --  "oh lord who is idling in #heaven, 1337 be
your skillz.." -- reported on bash.org