Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] [Q] Failed to create volume elements ?!?

The volume element should be included in the gstreamer-plugins package,
but you can check for it by running `gst-inspect-0.6|grep volume`. If
you get a line like 'volume:  volume: Volume', you have the plugin.
Otherwise, try running `gst-register-0.6` and then inspect again. If it
finds it now, you'll have to run gst-register every time you install a
gstreamer package.

Switching the backend is a compile-time option. Pass
'--with-player=xine' to configure.

You should use the gstreamer backend if it works for you; xine is there
as a backup.

Jeffrey