[Rhythmbox-devel] [Q] Failed to create volume elements ?!?

Hi,

i just installed rhythmbox 0.6.3 from the
"Bug Isolation Project binaries" page (linke on your
side)

And also the following gstreamer + following packages:

gstreamer-audio-formats
gstreamer-esound
gstreamer-flac
gstreamer-GConf
gstreamer-gnomevfs
gstreamer-mad
gstreamer-oss
gstreamer-play
gstreamer-plugins
gstreamer-tools

But when I try to play a file in rhythombox I get the
following error massage poping up in window:

Failed to create volume element; check your installation

I looked for a "volume" package but there is no on the
official gstreamer side:

http://gstreamer.net/releases/redhat/redhat-9-i386/RPMS.redhat/

- Any Idea?
- Sould I download rhythmbox and compile it with xine support?
- Can I switch the backend in rhythmbox (gstream or xine) or
  is it a compile-time option?
- what backend is "better" ?

bye
  johannes