Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Feedback on HEAD

> Oh yeah,
>
> - Should be able to make a new playlist from the context menu of the
> source list

Yeah, there are other problems with the source list currently that I see.
right clicking on a playlist if the library source is selected gives the
library source context menu, not the playlist one.

> On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 10:58, Mark Finlay wrote:
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> I'm playing with HEAD at the moment and it's looking super sweet.
>>
>> - Startup is totally instant - I can remember the days when rb would
>> take a minute to start. It takes a bloody long time to refresh songs
>> which has absolutely no noticable effect on the UI other than making
>> the status bar useless until it's done. Is it really necessary to tell
>> the user that the songs are being refreshed? It doesnt effect the
>> program after all.

I'm in agreement for the most part here, except that it does effect the
program if songs have been deleted or change from the file system.

>> - getting the following on the command line:
>> ** (rhythmbox:10970): WARNING **: FIXME: guard from double entry
>>
>> - Getting horozontal scroll bars in the browser panes

This is my biggest problem with it at the moment.

>> - Why are the "Artist" and "Album" headers gone from the browser
>> panes?

Definately need to go back in.

>> - It's been mentioned but going to All takes forever, which is strange
>> concidering that rb in in All by default and loads instantly.
>>
>> - Drag and Drop to the library and Playlists from nautilus is broken

I noticed this too.

>> - Even when dnd to playlists from nautilus worked, if a song you
>> dragged wasn't in the library you would have to drag it twice, because
>> the first time it would add it to the library, and the second time it
>> would add it to the playlist. I don't think a song should have to be
>> in the library to be in a playlist, and if it does then it should both
>> add it to the library and playlist in one go.

Seems pretty fixable.

>> - It doesn't exit properly for me - no segfault, just metacity's kill
>> app dialog.

Thats odd, try reloading your library (sry if thats kinda drastic, but its
under development, so it should be expected)

>> - I'm enclined to think that the compact mode should be a totally
>> sepporately designed ui - it just looks kinda weird atm - but that is
>> some thing that can wait

I totally agree, the small view should be simple and doesn't need to have
the UI elements of most main apps IMO... in particular, a menu bar and a
status bar, although a menu bar is probably ok/needed for rhythmbox.