Re: Defining GNOME software (finally)

I can serve as chair if nobody else volunteers.

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 6:01 pm, Allan Day <aday gnome org> wrote:
We've considered this question a bit more on the board side, and think
we can adjust the policy enough to allow some flexibility around the
GNOME Gitlab group. I think we would like to see some alignment
between the modulesets and the group, but it doesn't have to be
absolute and we could have a lazy retirement policy - so a modules
that are removed from the modulesets can stick around in the Gitlab
group for a good period of time. Does that sound like it could work?

I'm not sure. We have ~400 repositories under GNOME/ but only ~50 elements under core. So over 85% of our modules in GNOME/ are not in core. We could reduce that percentage by including elements from core-deps and sdk that are hosted under GNOME/, but there's still going to be very wide divergence. For there to be any sort of alignment, we'd need to remove the vast majority of software currently under GNOME/. The advantages of doing this would be unclear.