Re: freeze break request: gnome-control-center

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 8:45 AM, Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com> wrote:
> Applies to the dialog box that is shown in the network panel of the
> gnome-control-center.
>
> commit 201958fc09a159871abbf3c80749ef30a2cbd646
> Author: Richard Hughes <richard hughsie com>
> Date:   Fri Mar 25 12:43:08 2011 +0000
>
>    network: remove all the entries apart from VPN from the [+] dialog box

For others, this is in relation to a blocker bug (that I can't link to
at the moment :-(
The original intention was to make created custom connections show up
in the device list, and we have a work-in-progress patch to that
effect, but it is running into difficulties with multiple wired
connections showing up initially, and we don't really have the time to
track that down, so Jon, Richard and I agreed to instead just expose
custom connection creation for the one type of connection where the
list currently works fine, which is VPN.

+1/2 from me.