How to decide about 2.30 vs 3.0

Hey there,

Some quick discussion here at the Summit made me think about how we
should decide if 3.0 will be released in March or later.

So far, we've mostly thought in terms of "our platform is ready, our
modules will use the updated platform stack, gnome-shell will be ready,
etc." (and probably a few other things, of course).

However, it certainly makes sense to "formally" contact all the teams
that had plans for 3.0 and see how they're doing. Eg, will the new
website be ready? Does the documentation need more time to port more
applications to Mallard? Is the marketing campaign ready? Are we
confident enough to use the new accessibility stack? Does the usability
team want to do a few more things before 3.0? Some of those things are
not blockers per se, but accumulating them can make them blocker.

I'll probably do that at the end of the month, when we'll have 2.29.1 so
that people can have a good idea of how things are now in the 2.29
branch.

Is there any other things you think we should do on this topic? We could
possibly ask distros what they think, eg.