Re: [DRAFT] GNOME to migrate to git

Le mardi 17 mars 2009, à 15:27 +0100, Andre Klapper a écrit :
> > critical item, that probably take a day total, and we have pretty good
> > real-life testing with a bunch of modules.
> >
> > There might be some interest in moving certian major modules sooner -
> > e.g, I think gtk+ team is anxious to work on merging some branches
> > currently in git, so a release team opinion on that would be good.
>
> I'm fine with an earlier move as long as the situation and workflow for
> translators is clearly defined and documentation is publically available
> and announced to gnome-i18n.
> Worst case I want to avoid: Gtk+ moves to git tomorrow, gets some new
> translatable strings added, and translators don't know how to commit
> translations for these new strings.

Worst case for me is "50% of the modules are migrated and 50% aren't".
This is what would be the most confusing. That's why I prefer one big
switch for everything.

That being said, glib/gtk+ are special modules (they don't have to
follow the GNOME "rules"), so we can't enforce anything for those
modules. As long as it's well-known and documented they migrate to git
before the rest of the modules, I guess people will be able to live with
it :-)