Re: GNOME 3.0 Roadmap - Release Management

Am Sonntag, den 14.06.2009, 19:22 +0100 schrieb Lucas Rocha:
> 1. Summarize in one sentence/paragraph the goal(s) for Release
> Management in GNOME 3.0
> 2. What are the goals for Release Management in GNOME 3.0?

Well, you already had some ideas if I remember FOSDEM correctly.
Like getting rid of the classic "officially included" concept for most
apps, reduce gnome to core and instead introduce "blessed applications"?

App certification:
      * Stuff that is already listed at
        http://live.gnome.org/ReleasePlanning/ModuleProposing
      * plus no usage of any deprecated modules or symbols
      * provide reasons & advantages of being officially included / a
        blessed application. Higher likeliness to be translated to many
        languages, but what else?

Maybe partially out of scope, but what I personally want to see in GNOME
3 is
      * some applications (probably "blessed" if we switch to new
        modulesets): tracker, gnome-scan, banshee and/or rhythmbox,
        maybe gnome-shell, maybe gnome-zeitgeist, maybe gnome-do
      * an fd.o thumbnailing spec implementation
      * higher quality by somehow automated or required
        http://live.gnome.org/GnomeGoals/DistCheck
      * a great gnome.org webpage (2.28 goal)
      * better task-oriented documentation by initial Mallard
        implementations
      * rethinking autoconf/automake / waf (I only know that there's
        complaints, I don't have enough knowledge of this field)

andre
--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed