Re: Unfinished things (was: 2.26 Showstopper review)

Le mardi 24 février 2009 à 12:42 -0500, Matthias Clasen a écrit :
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandriva com> wrote:
> > Le mardi 24 février 2009 à 11:57 -0500, Matthias Clasen a écrit :
> >> While we are talking about unfinished things, I'd also like to count
> >> Empathy itself as an 'unfinished thing'  - from what it seems, neither
> >> Ubuntu nor Fedora will pick it up as the default IM client of their
> >> Gnome desktops in their next versions.
> >
> > We are not Fedora nor Ubuntu, we are upstream.
>
> Fine, so lets just not care then, or what ?
> I frankly don't understand where you are coming from here.

That as upstream, we are not forced to follow distro decisions on their
choice of default applications vs our choice of desktop modules.

We have also been shipping Empathy as part of 2.24 and I don't see why
we would withdraw it, since it has improved since 2.24.

> > Neither Fedora nor Ubuntu (nor Mandriva, unfortunately) ships Epiphany
> > as default browser, despite it being way better integrated in GNOME.
>
> The browser situation is quite a bit different, as you certainly well know.

Yes, it is a pure matter of marketing, despite being a worse
application. That is why distro decisions may not be in sync with our
decisions.

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandriva com>
Mandriva