Re: New release of gnome-desktop-sharp ?

On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 22:00 +0100, Frederic Crozat wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> could you issue a new release of gnome-desktop-sharp for GNOME 2.25.91
> ? Current release (2.24.0) doesn't build because gnome-desktop soname
> changed. You can fix the build with the patch at
> http://svn.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/packages/cooker/gnome-desktop-sharp/current/SOURCES/gnome-desktop-sharp-2.24.0-libgnome-desktop-major.patch?revision=323215&view=markup

The patch you pointed to is not build impacting, but would impact
runtime.  Does anyone know why this soname was changed?  What API was
removed that created the need?  That sort of change would most likely
require a corresponding change to the binding, not just an soname change
in a config file.

What timeframe are you requesting this gnome-desktop-sharp release?  I
see the tarball freeze for 2.25.91 was two days ago, so I'm guessing you
want it yesterday?

--
Mike Kestner <mkestner novell com>