NetworkManager, nm-applet, and network-admin

Hello all,

Shaun pointed out on #gnome-hackers there were some confusion around
nm-applet, NetworkManager and its relation to network-admin (from
gnome-system-tools).

network-manager-applet looks like it was first approved[1], but later
on, as hinted on live.gnome.org[2], it has been rejected, as there
were no release.

 [1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/devel-announce-list/2007-January/msg00007.html
 [2] http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointSeventeen/Desktop

Could this be clarified ?  NetworkManager 0.7 could go in the blessed
external dependencies, and network-manager-applet in the desktop
suite.

Also, we could ask Carlos Garnacho to disable network-admin by default
in gnome-system-tools, as it doesn't seem to have any purpose when NM
is running.

How does that sound?

Cheers,

        Frederic

[and could we host a copy of libnl on ftp.gnome.org? it seems the
 canonical download location is often down]