Re: Nautilus hard code freeze break request

Am Mittwoch, den 17.09.2008, 14:13 +0200 schrieb Vincent Untz:
> I'm mixed on this one -- it's minor, but the patch is simple. I'm
> giving a small first approval.

I wonder why there is such a strict policy. Minor fixes are fixes as
well, especially for applications that are frequently used and seen by
the end users.

Isn't the purpose of the hard code freeze to review all changes such
that no new scary last-minute bugs are introduced? Instead, it seems
that just “major” fixes are considered, i.e. fixes for crashers - which
fortunately have not been an issue for Nautilus for some time.

The result in the Nautilus case is that the user-perceived quality of
the 2.24.0 release will suffer, and once hard code freeze is over, we
will see lots of postponed commits on my behalf to the stable branch.
I.e. we are essentially supporting the “X.0 releases do have many
glitches - let's wait for X.1” prejudice.

best regards,
 Christian Neumair

--
Christian Neumair <cneumair gnome org>