Re: Gtk2-Perl 2.25.1

Torsten Schoenfeld wrote:
There are two issues with moving our tarballs to ftp.gnome.org: the tarball names and their version numbers. We can change our tarball names easily: we'll just prepend 'perl-' like we did for the repository names.

After internal discussion we concluded that renaming our tarballs to start with 'perl-' is indeed possible, and we'd be willing to do it.

What we don't want to do, however, is to change our versioning scheme to the "x.y.z" format. And we're also reluctant to synchronize our modules' versions to the current GNOME version, as muppet explained.

So is there a way we can host our tarballs on ftp.gnome.org despite this? I think the version extraction code in install-module would have to be altered; as I said I'd volunteer to do this. Then I guess the release-team scripts for finding the correct tarballs for GNOME X.Y.Z would need some help -- are their sources available?

-Torsten