Re: [gdm-list] GDM status.

Hi,

> Sorry, I didn't see earlier discussion.
>
> Does the first possibility need user to specify command line,
> e.g. "/usr/bin/gnome-session --failsafe"?
So the conclusion earlier I think was that no one actually uses
failsafe as a failsafe session, but instead use it as "get a terminal
up fast" method.

So yea, the user would input something like
"xterm" or "gnome-terminal" but not normally "/usr/bin/gnome-session --failsafe"

> If yes, I prefer the second one. Usually user can't make sure what's correct command. Shipping a
> failsafe.desktop or xterm.desktop looks better.
Well, the only people who will use this feature are those who know
what commands to type.

I agree though, the distro shipped desktop file seems better.  It has
the nice property that there won't be a hard coded item added to the
session list.
That kind of item defeats the "don't show a list at all if there is
only one choice" code that's there now.

> Additionally, when I looked into current GDM 2.20, I found Failsafe
> GNOME and Failsafe Xterm starting CLI was generated in hard-code rather
> than desktop file. I only find gnome.desktop, there's no
> failsafe.desktop or xterm.desktop. This way looks not very flexiable to
> allow distribution to custom.
Right.  I think we should avoid hard coding again.

--Ray