Re: Knowing which freezes are active

On 1/24/07, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
Somebody just asked on IRC which freezes are active, and it seems it's not
obvious for everybody to know this since we have overlapping freezes,
and also things like strings announcement period.

I don't know how to make all this more obvious, but maybe having a small
webpage with:

 + next deadline for tarballs due
 + current freezes that are on
 + freezes that are nearing

would help. And I mean, something easier to read that our current
schedule :-)

Maybe create a live.gnome.org/Schedule page, and make it more
generally useful by having it contain basic info in lots of areas plus
links to more specific pages.  Basic info I'm thinking of right now
includes:

- Release Section (containing the three things you mentioned above +
link to official release schedule)
- Upcoming conferences (possibly split into two categories; official
GNOME events such as GUADEC & BostonSummit, and related conferences
with GNOME presence such as LCA)
- Infrastructure downtime announcements (bugzilla, cvs, svn, etc.)
- Other special events (GNOME elections)

Then we announce it and blog about it to death so that everyone knows
to check it out.  Whenever any event comes up (GUADEC, elections,
tarball reminders or whatever else), then we mention that page again.

Does that sound reasonable?

Elijah