Re: Minutes of the Release-Team meeting, 2007/Jan/16

Le jeudi 18 janvier 2007, à 16:43, Elijah Newren a écrit :
> On 1/18/07, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
> > Here's a proposal, based on Andre's minutes and on the IRC log (and
> > probably on my opinions too ;-)). I'm sure it could do with some
> > proof-reading love, and I probably forgot some stuff or wrote things I
> > shouldn't have written... So feel free to edit and fix.
>
> Okay.  :)  Actually, overall it looks really good.  I just have a
> couple small comments.
>
> >  + devhelp
> >   - positive feedback from the community.
>
> seems kind of short for the rationale.  Not sure what to add though,
> the only thing I can think of would be adding an extra adjective (e.g.
> "very positive..."), which seems rather uncreative and doesn't really
> make it much longer.  *shrug*  Maybe just leave this as is.  :)

I also wanted to make this longer, but I couldn't find how :-)

> >  + gnome-main-menu
> >   - mixed feedback.
>
> It was mixed, but this gives the impression that it was about 50-50.
> I don't think that's true; I think it was more in the ratio 1:2 for
> the negative side from the summary I did.  Further, several of those I
> counted as in favor of the proposal were either on the stipulation
> that it is added as another menu option rather than replacing the
> current one, while others had the opposite stipulation.  If you
> include those stipulations, the amount of negative feedback for any
> possible choice we could have taken to include gnome-main-menu would
> have increased.

Right (although I'm not sure I agree with the fact that your last point
increases the negative feedback). What about this:

- some negative and positive feedback, with strong opinions in both
  cases.
- no consensus on how this module should be included (should it replace
  the current menu? Should it only be an option?), while this question
  plays a central role when considering inclusion of this module.
- <paste here the rest of the explanations>

This might still give a 50-50 impression, but I must admit I hate
sounding harsh :-)