Re: Hard Code Freeze Breaks (was Re: GStreamer)

On 3/13/06, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
> Le dimanche 12 mars 2006 à 19:28 -0700, Elijah Newren a écrit :
> > On 3/12/06, Thomas Vander Stichele <thomas apestaart org> wrote:
> > > Hi people,
> > >
> > > Silly question - which (0.10) version of GStreamer modules do you want
> > > to see go in ? The latest and greatest, or the last one before the code
> > > freeze ?
> > >
> > > I don't know if this is an issue or not, and if we are under the spell
> > > of code freeze at all, but if we are, what's the correct way to proceed
> > > here ?
> >
> > Since gstreamer's part of the desktop, as opposed to an external
> > dependency, it is subject to hard code freeze.
>
> Well... It's an interesting case since we have libraries in the platform
> that might not be subject to hard code freeze (libxml, glib, gtk+): we
> consider that their development cycle is not the same as GNOME's one and
> we accept it. It could work the same way for GStreamer.

Oh, um, right...  I keep forgetting about that
following-a-different-schedule thing for modules other than gtk+.
:-/

/me tries to remember better next time

> However, I of course prefer if GStreamer people follow the freezes ;-)

I really like what Matthias does -- if there's an additional release
after the relevant freezes, he explains why and makes a suggestion
about what to use.  Any chance we could talk the gstreamer folk into
doing the same?