Re: [java-gnome-hackers] Version of libgtk-java in GNOME Bindings 2.12

On Thu, 2005-25-08 at 15:14 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
> I was not sure which version of
> libgtk-java was to be used for the release: 2.6.2 or 2.7.0.

The boys have been working hard to keep up with GTK and Cairo, and so
there will be a libgtk-java 2.8.0 . Considerable performance
improvements as well.

lib{gnome,glade,conf}-java will be bumped to 2.12.0

Incidentally, we'll be pushing a 2.6.3 out the door one of these days as
there are heaps of bug fixes that have been back ported to the stable
branch.

> I went with 2.6.2 since 2.7.0 is recent (and
> might be considered as a huge API break

No, that's not correct.

[Well, not any more than gtk+ 2.8 is :)]

AfC
Sydney

--
Andrew Frederick Cowie

Technology strategy, managing change, establishing procedures,
and executing successful upgrades to mission critical business
infrastructure.

http://www.operationaldynamics.com/

Sydney   New York   Toronto   London