Where is GTK+ 2.8 ?

Last weeks 2.7.x releases of GLib and GTK+ have been announced as
release candidates, few changes have happened since then, and no
fatal flaws have been uncovered so far.

What we discussed at todays GTK+ team meeting is that we'll do
stable releases of GLib, Pango and GTK+ at the end of this week.
The reason for this further delay is that it will allow us to
require cairo 0.9.1, which will incorporate libpixman and thus
avoid library dependency problems with that library, which is
not ready for API freeze yet.

Thanks for your patience,

Matthias