How to create attributes in Pango

Hello,

I am having problems with creating attributes in Pango (v1.40.4).

I try to follow the "PyGObject API Reference" (http://lazka.github.io/pgi-docs/#Pango-1.0/).

1.) Please could anyone tell me how to replace the c-based function
    "pango_attr_family_new()"? This is one of many functions
    that does not seem to have a python equivalent
    (according to http://lazka.github.io/pgi-docs/#Pango-1.0/mapping.html).

2.) By the way when I pass (unitialized) Pango.Attribute() instance
    to the insert() method, my script ends with SIGFAULT.

    attrs = Pango.AttrList()
    attr = Pango.Attribute()
    attrs.insert(attr)

    I guess that is not the correct behavior.

Thank you, S. Vlcek.