Re: What is the significance of pygtk.require('2.0')?

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 2:08 PM, John Palmieri <johnp redhat com> wrote:
>> Gdk.keyval_name(keyval)
>>
>> segfaults _every_time_. What should I do?
>
> I just fixed this in Gtk 3.0.

THANK YOU! J5, if you're ever in Edmonton, I'll buy you a beer ;-)

Considering that I am developing to stock Ubuntu, what are the chances
that your fix will make it into Ubuntu 11.04? (I'm not very clear on
the packaging process for distros, what kind of lag time is there?)

> It is an annotation error.  We were returning the static name string as "transfer full" which means the bindings should take ownership of the return value.  That in turn means the bindings need to free it when done.  Freeing a static string causes crashes.  I annotated it "transfer none" and it works.  Most likely this will not be fixed in Gtk 2.  Whenever you get a crash the most likely cause is an incorrect transfer annotation.  Let us know if you run into others.

I get segfaults in both of these:

self.map_view.remove_polygon(polygon)
polygon.clear_points()

(self.map_view is a ChamplainView and polygon is a ChamplainPolygon)

I think that's all i've seen so far.

--
http://exolucere.ca