Planner-list Is duration calculated correctly?

I hope this isn't a PBKAC error, but I'm having problems understanding how Planner computes task duration.

I create three resourses: two are material (dedicated servers), one is work (a developer), and I create a task that's suppose to take 5 days of work.  I assign the developer to the task and add the two resources he needs to do the work.  For some reason the duration is now 1d 5h.  I'm sorry, but the computer can't do what the developer does.  IMHO, a "material" can't do "work" so adding "material" to a task shouldn't change the duration.

If somebody can't explain why my thinking is bogus, then I think we have a bug.

-RZ

p.s.  This is planner 0.14.2 (fedora 9)