Re: Planner-list A: Problem in compiling 0.14.3 on Ubuntu 8.04

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 10:02:43AM +0200, Peter Eberl wrote:
> testing it backwards, the last version that compiles on Ubuntu 8.04 is
> 14.1.

I don't know why that version would be different.

> Any direct hint on what the workaround is? (Sorry, I'm a couple of days
> out of development, so besides running configure, make, make install
> it's really getting sweaty hands if I need to find that bug ...)

If you downloaded the 0.14.3 tarball, configure, make & make install
should have worked. Are you sure configure didn't fail to find gmsgfmt?
It's part of gettext. Maybe you need some devel part of gettext
installed on Ubuntu.

Google told me that there is a Ubuntu package for Planner 0.14.3 in
Intrepid Ibex. Can't this package also be used for earlier Ubuntu
versions or is that a bad idea?

Another option is to try getting the source from subversion and run
autogen.sh as you would configure, followed by make and make install.
But I'm not sure that will make a difference.

Maurice.

--
Maurice van der Pot

Gentoo Linux Developer   griffon26 gentoo org    http://www.gentoo.org