Re: Reducing gconf roundtrips

Hi Behdad,

On Mon, 2009-04-27 at 01:16 -0400, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> Following up on the gconf discussion a few weeks ago and with help from
> Matthias, I looked into profiling and reducing roundtrips during login.
> Here is a first report.

	I guess the most obvious win for GConf currently would be merging the
gconf-dbus code to HEAD - so we don't go loading that obsolete CORBA
library stack & stuff ;-) also, I imagine that doing that will also
introduce new and interesting performance problems that we could really
do with fixing. What is the plan there ? and/or am I behind the times
(again) & it's already done ? ;-)

	OTOH - of course, this is some great work.

	HTH,

		Michael.

--
 michael meeks novell com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot