Re: libostree v2017.3

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017, at 03:00 PM, Richard Hughes wrote:
On 10 March 2017 at 19:47, Colin Walters <walters verbum org> wrote:
Date:  2017-03-10 14:46:52 +0000
    Update

Right; this obviously isn't good enough to show in a UI. For flatpak
we use the AppStream <release> metadata so we can get some end-user
translated release notes. e.g.
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-software/tree/data/appdata/org.gnome.Software.appdata.xml.in#n48
Sooner or later someone has to write something in prose, and with
flatpak we are hoping upstream will do that.

Oh...wow.  Right.  So there's this whole other layer in appstream
which isn't necessarily bound to the ostree commits then?

Anyways I haven't looked at this in depth, but isn't it something like
calling `flatpak_installation_get_installed_ref()` to get the current version,
using FLATPAK_UPDATE_FLAGS_NO_DEPLOY with flatpak_installation_update()
then extracting (using ostree_repo_checkout_at() with a subpath of "appstream.xml.gz")
each appstream data, parsing it and doing an "xml diff"?

(This is the first time I've really looked at flatpak's API wrappers for libostree...sorry!  Been focused on
the ostree-as-host case)