Re: support for dumping summary file to plain text form

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017, at 11:21 PM, Dusty Mabe wrote:

1 teach the command line tools to be able to parse a summary file and
  dump it as plain text

Definitely possible, but would require some churn in the C tooling.

2 provide a tool that does effectively the same thing

(my PR)

3 store the summary file in a plain text, but still machine friendly
  form (i.e. json or similar) so that all I need to do is "curl" to
  see the details of what is in the file.

We can't change the format of the file now.  We could *add* a new one -
nothing stops anyone from creating summary.json as well and dropping
it in the repo if it's viewed as convenient.

Though really I think this type of thing would best live as a "repo visualizer" app.