Re: Some observations

> On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 9:43 PM, Colin Walters <walters verbum org> wrote:
>
> >> We need dejavu fonts to get a reasonable monospace font in terminals.
> >> Unfortunately, looks like dejavu is only available in svn. For now,
> >> I've just copied the ttfs into ~/.fonts
> >
> > Yeah, I plan to spend not too much time on this sort of "polish" stuff
> > myself; it's the kind of thing that's a good task for someone who wants
> > to help, but I need to look at more fundamental issues.
>
> Fair enough. But just to clarify for a hypothetical someone who has
> the time and inclination to help: your approach to svn- and other
> non-git-hosted modules is to put a clone on github ?

Yeah, that or adding it to the Yocto base (which mainly builds from
tarballs).

But rather than github, I think it'd be better to host these
on gnome.org, or maybe specifically ostree.gnome.org.

One thing I want to accomplish specifically is that these git clones are
also used by jhbuild.  Because if jhbuild is pulling tarballs, then
you're strongly discouraged from modifying them, which is a primary goal
of both jhbuild and ostree.