Re: [orca-list] new orca list e-mail subscribers

On 30/10/22 13:49, Jude DaShiell wrote:
File systems are never the only consideration once a power outage hits.
The other consideration is damage to equipment which will happen with
power spikes on the way to that power outage.  A U.P.S. may or may not be
a good investment depending on the contract you get with it.

I agree that a UPS can be a good investment.

Based on the message that I received from their list server yesterday, they don't appear to have DKIM or DMARC in place yet, but they do have SPF. I don't know to what extent that's likely to result in delivery issues these days.

There's a good testing tool at
https://internet.nl/
which can check mail servers for adherence to current standards - SPF, DKIM and DMARC, as well as DNSSec, DANE, and the TLS configuration. With some work, I managed to bring my server up to the point of receiving a 100% score on the test. There could still be mistakes in my configuration, though.