Re: [orca-list] Orca master under Ubuntu

Hey there,

there needs to be a symlink created in order for the Orca to be
installed into proper place

cd /usr/local/lib/python3.10
sudo ln -s dist-packages site-packages
cd

Then, you install Orca from source as usual.

If you don't have dependencies yet, do:

# Enables the source repositories in apt

sudo sed -i '/deb-src/s/^# //' /etc/apt/sources.list
sudo apt update

# gets the dependencies

sudo apt-get build-dep gnome-orca -y

Now, in the Orca repo, you can do:

PYTHON=/usr/bin/python3 ./autogen.sh
make
sudo make install

And you're done, restart Orca and check the version.

Best regards

Rastislav

Dňa 18. 10. 2022 o 9:47 Pavel Vlček via orca-list napísal(a):
Hi,

I want to try the latest version of Orca in Ubuntu, but ./autogen.sh
./configure make sudo make install installs orca in different directory,
so original orca is not owerwritted.In which command do I need to
specify path to owerwrite original 42.0 version? I have Fedora on my
laptops, but my desktop computer is able to work with Ubuntu only and
classic install works in Fedora as expected.

Thanks,

Pavel