Re: [orca-list] Accessibility is now an official KDE Goal for the next 3 years

This is actually even a bigger step forward than you might think. Over the years, I've had many debates with both developers and accessibility advocates with respect to the ethics of accessibility. Is a developer ethically obligated to consider accessibility in his code? It depends. The lines are fuzzy. But this is the KDE development community coming down solidly on the side of accessibility. If a developer says that he has no obligation to consider accessibility, we can say the KDE community officially says otherwise.

No doubt, some developers are still going to say that if you don't like their code, you can just write your own. But now we can say okay fine but you are violating KDE coding standards.