Re: [orca-list] Distributions in 2022 which don't have the: Orca Login bug?

The bug I notice in Fedora 36 is that I don't hear anything immediately after logging out. I'm currently running a modified Fedora-MATE spin that includes gdm, as I was trying various desktop environments including GNOME a couple of months ago on 35. I'm planning to take this off and switch back to lightdm with the default slick-greeter that comes on the MATE spin. But this is what is happening for me when I log out of the desktop. I hear nothing immediately as I said, but if I press a key I get the echo from it. For example, I press the tab key and I hear "tab" spoken, followed by the button I land on. If I press the enter key on that screen, it speaks "return" and I am asked for my password. So the bug appears to be that once the login window opens, nothing is spoken to let you know that you can login. Seems to be a focus issue maybe. I don't see the problem others have experienced with gdm where "screen reader on" is spoken, but nothing else on the screen is spoken and keys are silent.

~Kyle