Re: [orca-list] Naming, shaming and flaming (was Re: LibreOffice and orca: moving to headings, links, tables etc.)

For what it's worth, the last time I used a Windows PC, which was
sometime in 2018 and using Windows 7, I really couldn't tell the
difference between using NVDA in Firefox on Windows and using Orca in
Firefox on Linux... and I suspect the Windows PC had the same, or at
least very similar, internals to my personal Desktop(The Windows PCs
were at my state's vocational rehabilitation center for the blind, my
Desktop was given to me by my state's Division of Services for the
Blind, my desktop originally came with Windows 7, both the RCB's
computers and mine are HPs, had the same case, seems likely they gave
me the same kind of machine they stock their own computer labs with)

Can't remember if I ever usedGoogle Docs or any other google services
other than the search engine and Gmail, though I confess, I don't
think much of most of google's services aside from search and
Gmail(and even then, I only like the Basic HTML view) and haven't
really used a word processor of any kind since going blind back in
2012. That said, when I come across a website that's hard to navigate
or just doesn't work, my general inclination is to blame the web
designers instead of Firefox or Orca.

But yeah, it's annoying how often "I had a bad experience with this
software and don't like using it" gets twisted into "This software
sucks and anyone who likes it is stupid" and sadly, it's a mentality
that seems to creep into pretty much every debate... and it isn't just
limited to software.