From: "Michael Weaver via orca-list" <orca-list gnome org>
To: <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Sunday, May 09, 2021 12:53 PM
Subject: [orca-list] Orca and Mycroft

A friend of mine who uses Windows but prefers Linux suggested I might try
Mycroft.
I read that the easiest way is to install it is to get it from Git.
There is also a Snap package for it but people are warned of bugs.
I tried to get it from Git but the commands I tried did nothing.
I obtained the Snap package of it.
Launching Mycroft from the GUI, Orca said nothing and I got no progress.
I typed Mycroft from Gnome-terminal and I got a lot of verbal information
with Orcca like it was sounding like it was going through some set up
process but Orca seemed to be repeating the same info repeatedly so I
aborted it as I feel I was getting nowhere.
I got Mycroft to speak as I got a voice which was different from the default
in Orca but it said the app was booting the setup and I had to wait which
was the furthest I got with Mycroft.

Sent from my iPhone